GamerHacks
Welcome to my site! Please Login to start posting!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GamerHacks
Welcome to my site! Please Login to start posting!
GamerHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Release] Custom PS3 Boot Logo Creator

Go down

[Release] Custom PS3 Boot Logo Creator  Empty [Release] Custom PS3 Boot Logo Creator

Post by Admin February 24th 2011, 5:34 pm

You will need:

Photoshop (To create your Boot Logo)
Photosho DDS plugin (To allow you to edit the Logo)
The attached Boot Logo Creator
SimplyZip

Basic Instructions:

Install Photoshop
Install the DDS Plugin NVIDIA Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop (Normal/Cube Maps, DDS)
Edit your DDS files
Run Coldboot Creator and follow the steps:

Full Instructions:

1.After You have installed Photoshop and the dds plug-in you will need to open the dds files in the "Boot Logo's (dds's)" Folder. When you open the DDS click on "Load Using Default Sizes"

2.When you have created your desired logo you have to save it with these settings:

3.Repeat this for all 6 pictures Do Not resize the pictures

4.Run "Coldboot Creator.exe" and select "Step1"

5.You will need to convert you DDS files to GTF files, to do this Click "Convert Pictures" and follow the instructions.

6.When you have converted your pictures Browse to all the files it asks for:

7.Press Start and it should say Success, then close that window and click Step2

8.Follow the on screen instructions with pictures to compress the step1 file

Click step3
9.Browse to the required files and click finish to create the final Coldboot.raf

Copy the Coldboot.raf to /dev_flash/vsh/resource on your ps3 (You will need a way to write to flash eg. Asbestos or FreeFlash 3.55 compiled or dev_blind)

Do not change the size of the images There are no checks, if you change the size your coldboot will not work!

I have tested this on 3.55, it should work on 3.41 since the Coldboot.raf files are the same(Correct me if i'm wrong)

DOWNLOADS: Boot Logo Creator: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cold Boot Creator Source.zip: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

More examples:

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://gamerhacks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down